GDPR Privacy Notice

GDPR Privacy Notice

CCTV and Data Protection

Your Information

For the purposes of data protection laws, Hertfordshire CCTV Partnership Ltd
is the data controller for the processing of CCTV recordings and registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office with registration ZA291159.

All CCTV recordings are processed in accordance with provisions of data protection laws and other relevant legislation. The use of CCTV monitoring is for the purposes of security and crime prevention and detection. We operate CCTV to fulfil our statutory obligations to prevent crime and anti-social behaviour in the local community.

Information captured by CCTV will usually be images of individuals, location information or information relating to property such as buildings and vehicle details.

Sharing your information

We will only disclose CCTV recordings or images to third parties such as the Police to comply with a legal obligation, or where legally permitted, such as for crime prevention and detection.

We only process CCTV images and recordings within the UK.

How long we keep your information?

All CCTV recordings are retained for a period of 30 days and automatically deleted thereafter.

Your Rights

You have a right to request for copies of CCTV images or recordings we hold that feature images of you or information relating to you. You have the right to object to use of CCTV in your area, and request for information to be deleted, subject to certain restrictions that may prevent us from doing so.

To request a copy of CCTV images or recordings visit, or to raise a concern, or for any other queries email: or telephone 01438 242814. For further details visit

Making a complaint

We will always try to resolve queries and respond appropriately to all requests regarding our use of CCTV. If you are not satisfied with how we handle your request, please let us know to allow us to investigate. If you are still not satisfied with the outcome of our investigation, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at or write to:

Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane